Tutor / Kaiako – Casual Reliever - Educational Services (Corrections)
He karanga tēnei ki te hunga e kai ngākau nui ana ki te kaupapa o Te Wānanga o Aotearoa. Mā te hoe kotahi ka haere kotahi atu
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa has been providing exceptional value for more than 30 years to students and communities across New Zealand. We are New Zealand’s second largest tertiary provider, dedicated to whānau transformation through education.
We invite applications from passionate, professional and energetic individuals for the Relief Kaiako / Tutor position to cover Auckland Correctional Facilities.
- Vital positions within our service as they enable continuity of delivery when the regular kaiako are absent due to sickness and other leave periods so we avoid cancellation of classes and disappointment for the learners
- Required to relieve for kaiako delivering Literacy and Numeracy Support Services
- Experienced and versatile and can hit the ground running using ILPs and prepared teaching and study materials
- Compliant with regulatory requirements including those of the Department of Corrections
- Paid and hourly rate $28.72 to $31.80 depending on qualifications and experience
To be successful in your application you will:
- Be available to work as an on call reliever to work as required on any day Monday to Friday at any time between the hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Be comfortable working in a Correctional Facility
- Hold a Diploma in Adult Education or Teaching
- Hold the National Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (NCALNE) (Level 5) and NZQA unit standards 4098, 11281 and 18203 or willing to work towards these
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience successfully delivering Literacy and Numeracy training to at risk or second chance learners
- Be able to pass a stringent Police check to enable access to Department of Corrections Facilities and complete the Department of Corrections on site induction in addition to the Te Wānanga o Aotearoa induction process.
- Have a moderate level of fitness to enable access to classrooms on-site
A full NZ Driver’s License (Class 1) is essential.
Wait staffWho are we? Being the new hottest place on dominion rd we are surprised you haven't already heard of us! Mr Hao serves up the best bold flavoured Chinese Inspired food17 minute agoShareMount Eden, Auckland
Bay Skate Crew Member - CasualCity of NapierCasual position, working as and when required. Napier City Council is one of Napier's biggest and most desirable employers - we value excellence, integrity,17 minute agoShareNapier, Hawke's Bay
Sylvia Park Retail AssistantAre you an enthusiastic individual with a passion for all things creative? Would you love to work for a company that supports local artists and designers by selling1 hour agoShareMount Wellington, Auckland
Booking AdministratorWest Coast District Health Board (Greymouth/Westpo...Booking Administrator Closes 15 Nov 2020 Posted 28 Oct 2020 Full-time, permanent role based in Greymouth with our team in the Central Booking Unit (CBU) Previous1 hour agoShareGreymouth, West Coast
Cafe Bakery AssistantWe are looking for friendly and enthusiastic Retail Bakery Assistant to assist us at our bakery in Wanaka. Your duties will include selling our baked goods to customers,2 hour agoShareWanaka, Otago