Senior Librarian- Puke Ariki
Puke Ariki has a national reputation for their joint library, museum and research centre situated in New Plymouth. Presently we have an exciting opportunity for a full time permanent Senior Librarian position to join the team at the Puke Ariki Central Library. We are looking for a person who understands how the changes in society, technology, and education impact the work that libraries undertake.
Reporting to the Puke Ariki Library Lead and working alongside the three other Senior Librarians, the purpose of this role is to assist with the development and delivery of programmes and services at Puke Ariki and oversee the day to day operations of the library. Your specific portfolio responsibilities will include leading, developing and empowering the team, developing public programmes and fostering an environment of continuous improvement. You will be working with the Library Leadership team and the Digital team to develop and implement programmes at Puke Ariki and the Community Libraries.
You will model best practice in customer service and be an excellent communicator with the ability to motivate team members. You will demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and improvement in order to respond to the community and their changing needs. In addition to professional knowledge of the library and information sector you will bring to this role planning and self-management skills.
Puke Ariki Library is open 7 days a week serving a diverse range of customers and a rotating roster system will mean that some late night and weekend work will be required.
You will ideally hold a relevant tertiary qualification, professional library/information qualification and/or LIANZA professional registration, and will have previous experience in libraries.
At the New Plymouth District Council we aim to create and sustain a truly rewarding workplace environment for our staff. You can expect to start in this role with us between $54,149 - $60,035. We have also put together an integrated Total Rewards Framework that spans Wellbeing, Development, Benefits, Culture and Recognition. The NPDC Total Rewards Framework provides a diverse range of opportunities and benefits for our staff.
Applications close Thursday 22 October.
Senior Librarian – Puke Ariki
Puke Ariki Library Coordinator
To provide excellent, proactive customer service to both customers and staff
to ensure the effective delivery of Council’s Library Services. When responsible as ‘weekend in charge’, regularly assess customer service requirements and direct staff as appropriate. Maintain the security and integrity of Puke Ariki library building.
- Integrated - Contact Centre staff.
External - Other Libraries, professional bodies, iwi, customers and local Taranaki businesses, Armourguard Security
- Undertake rostered shifts to deliver efficient and effective service of Library and Council Services including APNK, RFID circulation, Readers Advisory, reference and directional assistance
- Provide support and guidance to Librarians performing frontline duties to ensure all systems and processes are working well to ensure excellent customer service at all time.
- Act as ‘weekend in charge’ on rostered shifts to accurately assess and prioritise customer needs and provide clear direction when allocating duties. Maintain the security and integrity of the Library building and report any issues promptly
- Provide circulation support functions and ensure the Library and its collections are presented in an attractive and tidy manner
- Provide efficient and effective services and programmes such as Housebound, book groups, programme and service coordination. This includes ensuring that the service/programme is staffed during leave and training support staff.
- Actively assist the Puke Ariki Library Coordinator to develop and deliver training to staff when required and provide administrative support on a variety of library service and administrative issues such as rostering and daily task rotation.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing development, revision of library policies and procedures to ensure that they are current and updated as required.
- Actively ensure that legislative requirements and Council policies and procedures are fulfilled, particularly in relation to all key relevant legislation.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Developed annually and form part of performance and team plans.
- Works collaboratively with others to enhance and/or develop team performance.
- Takes responsibility and accountability for own actions and day to day decision making.
- Effective performance and delivery within a political environment.
- Maintains cultural awareness and keeps up to date with issues affecting the community.
- Sets high standards of performance for self.
- A relevant Library qualification is desirable
- Experience in public libraries and competency in library systems
- Demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience within a customer service environment.
- Able to build and maintain successful relationships with individuals and community groups
- Proven experience and literacy of a wide range of technology and systems ie internet, digital services and MS products.
Senior Planner - District Plan ReviewLife's good in Waitaki. Big enough for some alone time yet small enough to care, if you lived here you could climb a mountain, look up at a sky full of stars, earn7 hour agoShareWaitaki, Otago
Case management and Contact tracing ManagerAuckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)Case management and Contact tracing Manager Closes 10 Nov 2020 Posted 28 Oct 2020 Join the fight against COVID-19 & it's impact on our communities Applications9 hour agoShareAuckland City, Auckland
Site ControllerKraft Heinz CompanyKraft Heinz, The Company As one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more1 day agoShareTomoana
HR CoordinatorNZ Ministry for Primary IndustriesFixed Term Opportunity to June 2021 This is an excellent fixed term opportunity to be part of an exciting, fast-paced and often complex environment, working within a1 day agoShareWellington City, Wellington
Senior Sales ConsultantToyotaSenior New Vehicle Sales Professional Our sales team is growing at Albany Toyota, therefore we are looking to extend our team with someone highly motivated and1 day agoShareNorth Shore City, Auckland